Friday, January 30, 2015

Lots of recorders (January 23rd)

This week we really dove into recorders! First of all, I was so grateful that I did a brief introduction last time because it helped me prepare for this visit. The first thing I learned was that when a class of 31 students starts playing recorders, it is LOUD! The beginning of this visit was a bit rough. We went through each note, and there was a lot of loud an out of tune sounds. I admit I was a little concerned. As we continued, however, it got better and better. I divided the class into smaller sections in as many different ways I could think of to minimize the number of students playing at once. Before I knew it, they had the Renaissance song learned. At the end of my visit, I invited anyone who wanted to play recorder to come to the front of the room while the rest of the class beat a rhythm line on their desks.It went so well, and I am excited to start teaching them the Renaissance dance step that goes with the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment